Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Demo Reel on Actor's Access...

My personal manager Sabrina had dinner with a gentleman who has been working at Breakdown Services for a long time. According to him, casting directors see actors on Actor's Access that have video on their profile first. So, I want ahead and tested the theory. I edited my too long eight minute demo reel down to five minutes, burned it onto a DVD, took it down to the Breakdown Services office (which, by the way, just happens to be less than a mile from my house), paid them $100 dollars to put my reel up online, and guess what??? It works!!!! For the past three weeks (and each week it's been landing on a Wednesday), I have had one audition for a major television show. The first week after I put my demo up it was "C.S.I. New York". The week after that it was "Sleeper Cell". Today, I am auditioning for the upcoming FX show with Courtney Cox called "Dirt", reading for the same casting directors (Fiorentino/Mangieri) as "C.S.I New York", "Cold Case", and "The Shield".


By God, putting the reel on Actor's Access is working!!! I don't even now if they actually watch the reel or not, but my profile just shows up first with the video attached to it. Not only am I getting these high profile auditions from my manager, I have been averaging about two more auditions from things I have submitted myself for as well. I had an audition yesterday for a FOX Atomic internet show, and right after my "Dirt" audition, I'm reading for an internet pilot as well, so things are really kicking now, and I'm loving it!! If anybody's out there reading this, say some prayers for me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was wondering how did your Dirt audition go. Could you share it with us?

take cae.

Unknown said...

There were about 40 people there reading for a five & under role (that's a role well, with five lines or less)...they had guys and girls reading for the same part, it was kind of ridiculous....