Friday, June 16, 2006

Holy Shit!!!

I went and read for the role of Governor Bumgartner (see previous post) for a film called "Mannsfield 12" on Wednesday. Now, I didn't think I was even right for a governor to begin with. But after I read the script, it seems he, like my real self, is a little rough around the edges...fair enough...then, after thoroughly reading through the sides I was given, there lies another layer to this governor...he is a native of Germany with a touch of his motherland accent still...HOLY SHIT!!!!
So I practiced, and practiced...I can do a decent German accent, but had to take it down a few notches, as I believe this character speaks English well (he has to, he's the governor, right?), but just a bit of that German accent with him still. So I worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it til I felt I was prepared...and I went to that audition, and I fuckin' kicked ass!!! I tore that audition up!!! Well, it's Friday now (albeit it's early still), and I still haven't heard back from them yet. Now I know that they may still be looking, but they start filming this thing on Monday the 19th!! The only problem that I can forsee getting this gig is that fact that I looked younger than most of the guys that were at the audition, as I was really smooth shaved (I shaved the night before), and got a haircut right before the audition (which knocks some years off too). I can't imagine anybody reading this part better than I did, but who knows?? Anything can happen in this biz...the important thing is I felt great about it, and it was one of the more memorable auditions I've had in awhile...in fact, I'm thinking about taking some acting classes with my old coach again, just to brush up (I'll probably never follow through)...ANYWAY, ANYBODY READING THIS, PRAY FOR ME, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO PLAY THIS ROLE!!!!!

No comments: